Saturday, January 24, 2015

On your mark...


January 24, 2015 - The BSU EDAC 634 Experiential Learning group  is just getting started ...We are excited to see Whitney has decided to switch her focus and joined our group!! To start off, each of us will be selecting a program to review and prepare a summary of the program to share with the group. We hope you'll enjoy taking this journey with us!

15 comments:

  1. Looks great Debi! Hoping this will post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debi! I see it! Hope my message comes through!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debi! I can pull the site up. Great job!

    Javita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to Whitney for joining our venture into experiential learning. The more the better!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ENVISION program provides learners in elementary, middle school, high school, and college with unique experiential opportunities to gain valuable 21st century skills for success. Designed by teachers and career professionals, it provides learners with experiences outside of the classroom in locations all over the world's college campuses. The ENVISION program challenges students through unique career simulations to plot their personal courses to what they want to learn. Subject areas such as medicine, engineering, law, business, and leadership provide valuable insight from actual career professionals and simulated career area experiences. It provides learners with an opportunity to try out their dream careers and grow in an experiential manner outside of the traditional classroom. Summer programs are available for students to choose their age level, skill lever, career area, and geographical area of program location. Learn more about this program at envisionexperience.com

    I was really excited about this program because it is designed to accommodate learners of all ages in relation to their ages, interests, and skill levels within that career interest. It provides students actual hands-on experiences that are invaluable to the investigation of future endeavors and gives them a taste of real on the job experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This program sounds really interesting!! The fact they have designed learning opportunities for elementary school age children through young adults in college seems to reinforce that a hands-on, experiential learning benefits students of any age. Can't wait to check out their website! Thanks for including it in your post. Debi

      Delete
    2. Ok guys...finally able to pull this back up! Whew! Did I miss anything? I'm sooo sorry if I did! Does Dr. Bo have the web address to this blog site? Also, are we supposed to post our Experiential Learning paper that is due Feb. 1st here on the blog, or to the discussion board?
      Angela

      Delete
  6. So we are to post our Literature Review here as well?

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do we attach a file to this? It won't allow me to copy/paste the Review--too many letters.
      Angela

      Delete
  7. I am not sure how to post the review to this blog. If you figure it out, please post the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the link to my Literature Review. I will post directions in another blog:
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B98hpe5G_U1LTzU4S19SLVltS28/view?usp=sharing

      Delete